Work With Us!
Open Jobs & Internships
Part-time Visitor Services/Retail Associate
The Tampa Bay History Center is seeking a part-time Visitor Services/Retail Associate to be focused on admission and membership sales, as well as ensuring that all visitors have a successful museum experience. A minimum of two years of customer service, retail or hospitality service, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, creative and flexible problem-solving skills. The candidate must have the ability to work morning, evening and weekend hours.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls, please. EOE
2019 TBHC History Adventure Camp Facilitator
The History Center is seeking camp facilitators for the upcoming summer camp season.
History Adventure Camp facilitators are responsible for the preparation and implementation of 5-day camps for elementary school students (age 7-11). Lessons, games, crafts, and activities will be created by the facilitator relating to each week’s predetermined theme (listed above). Facilitators will prep and lead activities 5 days from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. with a break for lunch. Availability for both camps is preferred.
Camp Dates and Themes
Swashbuckling Summer: June 10 – 14, July 8 – 12
- Develop and implement interesting and engaging programs for summer camps aimed at elementary school students between ages 7-11.
- Develop all educational materials and lessons. Preparation resources will be provided for facilitators as available.
- Develop and prepare lessons, games, crafts, and activities for each day of the 5-day week of camp you are leading.
- Submit detailed curriculum, supply list, and schedule to the Youth Programs Coordinator 30 days before the first day of camp.
- Work with teen volunteers as they assist with set up, clean up, and classroom needs.
- Prepare for and lead camp activities from 8:30 am- 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday (with some exceptions)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of campers under your supervision
- Ability to manage workload in varying environments
- Independent work ethic under general direction from the Youth Programs Coordinator
- Ability to work with all ages of campers, teen volunteers, and museum staff
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Knowledge of formal and informal education techniques
- Interest or knowledge in Florida or Tampa history is a plus
- Ability to provide fun activities in a safe learning environment of up to 24 campers
- Highly motivated, punctual, dependable, and organized
- Detail oriented
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- High energy with a positive attitude
Education and Experience
- Experience teaching in an elementary school setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, History, or a related field preferred
- Current teaching certification preferred
- Experience in a non-formal setting, like a museum, is a plus
- Must be able to actively engage with children
- Must be able to move quickly when necessary
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in Florida
- Must be able to move among classroom, outdoors, and gallery settings
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday – Friday
Please e-mail, fax, or drop off resume and letter of interest WITH availability to:
Tampa Bay History Center
801 Old Water Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Fax: (813) 223-7021
No calls please. EOE.