History Adventure Camp: American Girl
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
Tampa Bay History Center
801 Old Water Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Spend your summer with American Girl© characters from three different periods in history – Cecile & Marie-Grace (1853), Kit (1934), and Julie (1974). Campers will learn about each era, along with Tampa’s history.
Open to children ages 7-11, History Adventure Camps include hands on experiences including games, crafts, outdoor activities, gallery time and guest speakers. At the conclusion of each camp, each child will take home a memory book of their adventures.
Each week-long camp is led by experienced educators who provide hands-on, educational activities for campers.
Along with daily games, crafts and activities, each camp includes:
- Certified teacher as instructor with 4 high school camp assistants
- Living history guest speaker
- Exclusive TBHC’s artifact collections hands-on activities
- Memory Book with personalized photos to take home
- Indoor lunch & outdoor recess
- Friday water play day in Cotanchobee Park
- Docent-led museum tour
- 20% member discount
Capacity: 24 campers per week of camp
Pricing: $215 for nonmembers, 20% member discount; Extended care available for $35 (Hours: 8-9 a.m. & 4-5:30 p.m.)
Register online or, email Amanda Hoffman, Youth Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.