Weekend Visitor Services Associate (2 available positions)
The Weekend Visitor Services Associate will be the first direct point of contact with all visitors including walk-up guests, tour groups, museum store customers and members. This highly visible position requires outstanding communication skills and an outgoing, proactive personality in order to provide the best possible first impression to our guests and positively represent the museum.
- Provides exemplary customer service to all visitors, members and customers
- Sells tickets and store merchandise using TAM POS software at register. Processes cash, credit card and check sales.
- Sells memberships and can knowledgeably discuss the levels and the benefits of each.
- Assists visitors with parking-related processes
- Assure that store merchandise is attractively displayed and well stocked. Assure that the store appearance is neat and orderly
- Provides information to visitors regarding current and future exhibitions, events, educational programs, lectures and the like.
- Answers main phone line. Responds to inquiries regarding exhibitions, programs, events and general visitor information. Routes calls as necessary.
- Looks out for any issues or problems that may arise that could impact a visitor’s experience to the museum.
- Replenishes necessary collateral material and supplies. Notifies manager when supply is running low.
- Maintains clean, organized and professional desk area.
- Assists other departments as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must sincerely enjoy working with the public
- Able to communicate pleasantly and professionally with visitors and customers of all ages, members and Museum staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Comfortable taking initiative
- Enthusiasm and interest in history and/or the humanities
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experienced and comfortable using computers. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Warm, outgoing and professional personality
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Superior customer service skills
- General office/administrative skills
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to work a combination of one weekend day and one weekday shift. Occasional holidays and evening hours are required.
- Willingness to help where needed
- Reports promptly and reliably to work on all scheduled days
- Must have reliable transportation
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- At least two years of customer service and cash handling experience or the equivalent.
Please direct inquires to:
Ms. Maria Steijlen, Director of Human Resources
THE TAMPA BAY HISTORY CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER